Great news for grassroots football in the UK, as Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced earlier in July a phased return for the football community.
The FA have been working hard with government guidance to provide a comprehensive recreational sport framework. This means as a nation we can look forward to the safe return of competitive grassroots football.
There will be considerations and new implications when training and scheduling competitive matches, which RIASA are now in the process of understanding to make sure we are safe and compliant with the regulations.
You will have already adhered to most of these new regulations as we see a shift in the new modern day era of living. Some of the regulations include the following:
– Everyone should self-assess for COVID-19 symptoms before every training session or match. If you are symptomatic or living in a household with possible or actual COVID-19 infection you must not participate or attend.
– Clubs and facility providers should ensure that their facility is compliant with current Government legislation and guidance related to COVID-19.
– Competitive training is now permitted, with groups limited to a maximum of 30 people, including coaches.
– Competitive match play is permitted, with social distancing in place before and after the match, and in any breaks in play.
– Players and officials should sanitise hands before and after a game as well as scheduled breaks throughout a game or training session.
– Ball handling should be kept to a minimum with most contact via a boot and the ball disinfected in breaks of play.
– Goal celebrations should be avoided.
The announcement was welcomed from everyone at our academy but also the whole nation of football lovers, along with a phased return to spectator sports, we are slowly making progress and returning to the new normal.
We will continue to adhere to the FA, government & local regulations in relation to the participation of competitive grass roots football, making sure we are safe and compliant at each stage.
We are still preparing and looking forward to our new season in which returning students have been advised on a returning date. There is limited time to apply for this fall, if you’re interested in joining the world’s only soccer academy with a dual accredited UK/US degree.